Ancient Cultures Fair – Grade 5

Bill Stewart’s fifth grade class culminated their study on the history and people of greater Peru and Meso-America with an Ancient Cultures Fair. Each visiting class was divided into three smaller groups and spent 10 minutes in each culture learning about the Aztecs, Mayans and Incas.

Each group also created an informative brochure about their culture to share with their visitors.

Maya by Tatiana, Ocea, Will, and Grant

Inca by Zack, Maeve, Ashirah, Emily C. and Noah

Aztec by Emily O., Madeline, Ethan, Addy, and Ruby

2 thoughts on “Ancient Cultures Fair – Grade 5

1. What a wonderful program – I only wished I had time to stop by-but had classes/duty during the presentations – they look WONDERFUL- I’m so thankful this blog was posted so I could get an in-depth look at all the hard work – kudos 5th grade!

2. Hi Maeve,
    Thank you to you and your colaborators for publishing your report on the Inca civilization. I learned a lot! What I knew of the Inca peoples was mainly their art (highly accomplished and beautiful!) and their architecture. Machu Picchu is set very high in the mountains – you report that it’s almost 8000 feet above sea level. At that altitude the air is thin. Bache says that a bike ride up there is really difficult and requires special training because of the altitude. Living there must have been hard.
    Congratulations to you and your classmates!