Grade 5 Endangered Species TED Talks

Students in Bill Stewart’s classroom have been researching endangered species. For their culminating project, students created non-fiction picture books on their animals and prepared a 5 minute TED-like talk. The e-books are below and the videos of each talk are being edited and will be available soon.

Black Rhino by Will

Cheetahs by Tatiana

Cougars by Ashirah

Gorilla by Grant

Great White Shark by Addy

Orangutans by Zackariah

Panda by Ruby

Polar Bear by Noah

Przewalski’s Horse by Madeline

Sea Otters by Maeve

Tigers by Emily O.

Wolves by Ocea

Snow Leopard by Emily C.

Manatees by Ethan

2 thoughts on “Grade 5 Endangered Species TED Talks

1. Congratulations to all of Mr. Stewart’s students for writing such interesting and informative e-books on endangered species. I found the books to be well written, presenting many aspects of the animals studied. As an artist (and bookmaker), I also paid attention to the choices of fonts, page layouts, and photographs selected for specific texts. The students did a great job on all fronts.

I live in Alaska where we are very aware that we share this land with our fellow species. Very often moose come strolling through our backyard – it’s just a forest really – where a cow moose (the mom) might take a nap with her offspring, or they might browse their way onto the neighbor’s land. If I am quiet I can sit and observe them close-up for a long time.

Your books make us think about some of the great creatures with whom we share this earth and why we need to protect them. Thank you!

2. These look great. The kids put a lot of work and thought into the presentations. Are these on the town website for all to see? Contact Lisa to have them featured. 548-9150.
    Great Job! Rich